When I was 8-years-old, I was convinced I would grow up and marry Han Solo, fly off in the Millennium Falcon and have one crazy-cool space adventure after the other. Fast forward, oh about four decades, and my future didn’t exactly turn out the way I dreamed… but, I do have one kick-butt Han Solo toy collection and now, an invite to the SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY red carpet premiere!
I’m totally okay with this happy chapter in my life. I feel like the universe, and some really awesome folks at Disney and Lucasfilm, used the force for super good to bring me to this amazing point that just feels as if it’s definitely a dizzying, memorable, milestone marker.
I really hope you will follow along with me on this new adventure (which will include all kinds of ridiculously-fun activities and no doubt, Instagram-worthy moments! More on that in a minute…)
As you may have remembered my mentioning when presenting the 2018 Walt Disney Studios Movie lineup earlier this year, I was super curious on how SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY will play out. Admittedly, in any fan girl heart, no one can truly take the place of Harrison Ford in the role of Han Solo.
But, the thing is, I think young Solo isn’t, and should not be, a carbon copy of Harrison Ford. When we first met Han Solo in the Star Wars universe, he was a 29-year-old cocky space-cowboy who was thoroughly jaded by a swampy past we caught a few hints of throughout the films.
The question is, who was Han before he was STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE Han?
This question is what drove me to start reading the “Han Solo Adventures” series in ’79 (yes, the books are still in my Han Solo collection!) and the question that I hope SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY will gift us with. Some fans belay that we already know what happens to Han Solo in his Star Wars universe arc that has already played out… but so what? Heavens, I’m so ready to see more of the adventures that happened along the way!
And seriously, you all, I am totally looking forward to the whole “When Han Met Chewbacca” story line play out! Join me SW fans and hold on tight, I expect there are many joy bubbles ahead!
Disney, Lucasfilm & ABC would like to invite you to follow along with these very special events!
On this exclusive trip, I’ll be joining twenty-four other top bloggers to take you on a journey to:
- the live-action film release of SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY
- the In-Home releases of A WRINKLE IN TIME
- the Walt Disney Signature Collection of PETER PAN
- and the hit ABC daytime drama GENERAL HOSPITAL!
What you can expect from me is:
- an insider look at the SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY premiere and honest reactions from a major Han Solo fan gal
- exclusive insights from interviews with the film cast of SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY
- a peek inside Walt Disney’s office
- celebration information on the 65th anniversary of PETER PAN (available on Digital 5/29 and Blu-ray 6/5) and the in-home release of the Walt Disney Signature Collection Edition of the film
- a look inside the Animation Research Library where we will see original drawings from the PETER PAN film
- the scoop on behind the scenes bonus features from the A WRINKLE IN TIME (available on Digital 5/29 and Blu-ray 6/5)
- special interview Q&A with Deric McCabe (“Charles Wallace Murry”) from A WRINKLE IN TIME
- a peek behind the scenes of ABC’s iconic and Emmy Award-winning daytime drama, GENERAL HOSPITAL, in this its 55th anniversary year! (Fun Fact: Did you know that STAR WARS legend Mark Hamill appeared on GENERAL HOSPITAL in the ’70s?)
Tune in RuralMom.com for all of this and more throughout the next few weeks. If you want to catch of a live view of the action, pop over to my Instagram and Twitter May 9 through May 12 and be sure to follow hashtags:
Do let me know… I’ve totally got a good feeling about this!