I usually consider myself to be a very good homemaker. Doing my best to cook, clean and care for my family to the best of my ability is a source of pride for me, just as it was for my Mom and my Grandma. Going on the false assumption that my kid’s rooms were as clean as was their freshly washed bedding, I dismissed their coughs at night as a sign of seasonal allergies caused by pollen from outside our home.
I thought that my regular cleaning and washing of bedding was enough to combat indoor pollutants like dust mites and pet dander on my daughter’s beds, but I quickly learned I was wrong when Aller-Ease asked if I would like to take their allergy quiz, try their products and share my thoughts with you and host a giveaway. All opinions and love of a clean home are my own.
Taking AllerEase have you been Slumber Jacked was well worth the 30 seconds it takes. I invite you to take the quiz, then come back and read their helpful tips.
Providing a clean, fresh sleeping environment is very important for you and your family, not just during allergy season, but all year around. Getting rid of dust mites, pollen, pet dander and dead skin cells that collects on our bedding is necessary, especially for those with allergies or asthma.
I’ve been working down Aller-Ease’s Allergy Tip List to provide better sleeping conditions and ease night-time allergy symptoms for my family. Feel free to copy these tips to keep handy:
- Remove clutter from bedrooms and other areas of your home they are dust collectors.
- Change your home air conditioner frequently.
- Use a dehumidifier to help keep humidity below 50%. Dust mites thrive at higher humidity levels.
- Place non-washable plush toys in a zip-lock bag and put them in the freezer for 3-5 hours every week to kill off any dust mites.
- If you have carpeting, use a vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter to reduce airborne dust, or consider switching to hardwood or linoleum flooring.
- Shampoo hair nightly and change clothes before entering the bedroom to avoid transferring outdoor allergens to your bed.
- Don’t go to bed with yet hair. You could be breeding mold spores in your pillow!
- Use AllerEase products to keep out dust mites, pet dander and pollen. AllerEase products help eliminate the accumulation of these allergens so you sleep comfortably, night after night.
I know my girls are sleeping more soundly now that I’ve taken the steps to clean and protect their bedding and rooms. I’m slowly cleaning my way through our home to help all of us breathe easier. I invite you to visit AllerEase to learn more about their complete bedding systems. All of their products are chemical and pesticide free providing a natural form of allergy protection.
Entering is easy is easy using the Rafflecopter form below. Open to U.S. residents 18+. Rural Mom is not responsible for prize fulfillment.
In your family, whose bed needs these protectors most?