I’m a huge fan of salmon, but it’s certainly not easy to find a quality salmon steak to cook in Kentucky. Thanks to my partnership with Sitka Salmon Shares, I’ve just learned that we Kentuckians can rejoice and enjoy top-notch fresh Alaskan salmon. Sitka Salmon Shares, a innovative community-based company, now delivers premium, sustainable, wild Alaskan seafood from fisherman directly to members’ doorsteps (including Kentucky!)
No more hunting around grocery stores for a resemblance of fresh fish. You can enjoy wild-caught seafood directly from Alaska community of artisan fishers, healthy eaters, foodies, and Alaskan adventurers with Sitka Salmon Shares.
What is Sitka Salmon Shares?
Sitka Salmon Shares Is:
- Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska
- Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers
- Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. Flash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed
- Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact
- Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep
- Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest
- Convenient: Home delivered direct to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
- Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild
- and ridiculously good!
To start on your path to enjoying premium fresh fish from Alaska, you simply enroll, choose your preferred package and pricing option and then eagerly wait for your fresh fish to arrive.
Every month during fishing season, you get a box of wild Alaskan seafood hand-delivered right to your door. Each Sitka Salmon Shares box is personalized sharing information about the fishermen catching the fish and their favorite recipes.
I have to say I honestly love everything about this service. From the amazing fresh salmon (and other awesome fish selections) to the recipe suggestions, it’s like having your own personal expert fishing pal right there in the kitchen with you.
I’m never really at a loss on how to enjoy fresh fish, I love it simply grilled, fried or smoked, but it’s great to have additional ideas to make dinner time even better. The recipes in the box are custom tailored to your Sitka Salmon Shares box but you can also find plenty of them on the website, too.
Overall, this is a wonderful service that delivers crazy-good fresh fish right to your door for a culinary experience you generally cannot get outside of Alaska. Head over and shop your shares today at https://sitkasalmonshares.com and then enjoy our Fresh Salmon with Lemon Garlic Sauce and Spring Peas recipe when they arrive!
Fresh Salmon with Lemon Garlic Sauce and Spring Peas
– recipe inspired by Nova’s Keta Salmon Alfredo from Sitka Salmon Shares
1 lb fresh Sitka Salmon Shares salmon
2 Tbsp butter
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cup Spring peas
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 package Fettuccine
fresh basil (for garnish)
salt and pepper
Remove pin-bones and skin from salmon. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
Begin preparing Fettuccine according to manufacturer’s package instructions.
In a large skillet, over a low heat, melt butter. Add crushed garlic. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until butter is lightly brown.
Increase heat to medium. Add lemon juice.
Add salmon. Salt and pepper to taste.
Cook, stirring occasionally until salmon is fully cooked. Remove from heat.
Finish preparing Fettuccine (if not already ready and drained.) Drain Fettuccine.
In a large bowl, add Fettuccine. Pour salmon, peas and lemon garlic butter over Fettuccine. Toss lightly to coat Fettuccine with lemon garlic butter sauce.
Serve in a pasta bowl with a garnish of fresh basil. Optionally, add a but of grated of Parmesan or Asiago cheese.