Hey all, did you know it’s Nintendo Switch’s birthday? This innovative game system turned “1” this year and to celebrate our friends at GameStop have some amazing deals, a fun new way to play Mario Kart, and a fantastic giveaway to share with you! I’m partnering with GameStop to bring you all these fab goodies, but as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
The first time my oldest son played the Nintendo Switch he announced that the console was a “total game changer, leaps ahead of his older systems.” When my children are excited about a gaming system, you can believe I am, too! I want something that will hold their interest and offer creative, interesting ways for them to connect with friends and family. The versatility of the Nintendo Switch is certainly a-mazing!
Read on to find out all the ways you can celebrate Nintendo Switch’s birthday with us and GameStop:
Nintendo Switch Challenge
GameStop has introduced the #NintendoSwitchChallenge – a fun (and a little wacky) way to play Mario Kart! Since we are a total Switch family, we’ll be trying it out ourselves. Stay tuned for a fun video of our experience!
Want to try the Nintendo Switch Challenge? Simply film your race, then post it all over social media.
Make sure tag @GameStop with the hashtag #NintendoSwitchChallenge because they’re going to be giving away a bunch of awesome Switch accessories for fans who do the challenge. And tag me too! I’d love to see how your race compares to ours.
Here’s how to play the Nintendo Switch Challenge:
- You’ll Need: At least two players, a Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 (don’t have a Nintendo Switch? Don’t worry—GameStop has you covered! More than 1,400 stores have a demo Switch, where you can film your challenge – check out their Switch store locator to find the nearest Switch-ready store near you)
- Player One: This is the “Commander,” who sits facing the screen – it’s also fun to have more than one Commander, just beware—it can get a little loud!
- Player Two: The “Driver” sits with their back to the screen (or blindfolded)—with the Joy-cons or controller
- Rev Your Engine: Start up your Switch, fire up Mario Kart 8 and get ready to put your skills to the test
- The Challenge: The Commander guides the Driver through the course –telling them when to turn, use their items, avoid running into walls and cows and fences…
- Share: Post your best race on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or YouTube channel! Make sure to tag @GameStop with the hashtag: #NintendoSwitchChallenge
Nintendo Switch Sales Event at GameStop
Make sure to visit your local GameStop from March 3-10, because more than 50 Switch toys, collectibles and accessories are going to be on sale! Here are the top deals, but you can check out the full lineup of sales on GameStop’s flyer below or online at https://www.gamestop.com/switch
- 20% off select Nintendo Switch accessories—controllers, charging docks, carrying cases, racing wheels and more
- 20% off select Nintendo-themed plush, toys, housewares & drinkware
- Up to $20 off select Switch games (FIFA 18 for only $39.99!)
- Get an extra $5 when you trade any Nintendo Switch games
- 50% extra credit on any future Nintendo Switch game trades with purchase of any of these sale products
Win Nintendo Switch Gear!
Thanks to my partnership with GameStop, I’m also hosting a giveaway, including some very cool Switch gear from PDP! PDP is the number one video game accessory company in North America. Their products are top-notch and help you to interact in a fun way with your gaming system.
One (1) Rural Mom reader will win a Nintendo Switch Gear Prize Pack from GameStop that includes:
- Nintendo Switch Light-Up Dock Shield – Mario and Zelda designs
- Faceoff Deluxe Wired Controller (Mario & Luigi)
- Nintendo Switch Deluxe Console Case – Mario Kart or Mario Kana
- Pixel Pals – Mario and Zelda characters
US only, 18+ Prizing provided by GameStop
ENTER via the Rafflecopter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Do you have a Nintendo Switch game system? What game or accessory do you hope to add to your system during the Nintendo Switch Sales Event at GameStop this week?