Like love, a fine Whiskey ignites the soul and can presumably last forever. With Valentine’s Day approaching, it’s also a classy and classic gift for that special person in your life, or a great nightcap to serve after your special Valentines Day dinner.
With the millions of barrels to choose from, though, where do you begin? Don’t worry, it actually doesn’t have to that hard if you choose to give the gift of whisk(e)y this V-Day. A lot of things can factor into the decision making process including your current relationship stage.
Use this fun and easy guide to inspire your Valentines Day gift-giving and enjoyment:
Special Whiskey to Celebrate a New Relationship:
- George Dickel No. 12 Tennessee Whisky – Price range: $25 – $30
- George Dickel Tennessee Whisky is known for their charcoal mellowing method which gives the whisky a deeper, more assertive flavor.
- Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye – Price range: $25 – $30
- Recently crowned the 2016 World Whisky of the Year by Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible, Crown Royal introduced its first-ever blended rye whisky crafted from 90% rye. He’s definitely worth a bottle of the best whisky in the world!
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey– Price range: – $30 –$35
- If he’s a history buff, he’ll love to learn more about I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey’s recent return to the U.S. after 20 years!
- Bulleit Bourbon – Price range: – $30 –$35
- Bulleit is a staple, whether included in a Hot Toddy, Old Fashioned, or enjoyed neat or on the rocks, it’s definitely a great go-to bourbon. You’ll have him hooked.
Memorable Whiskey to Toast a Long-term Relationship:
- Orphan Barrel’s Rhetoric 21-Year-Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey – Price: $75
- Progressively aged with hints of baked caramel and cinnamon, Rhetoric 21 is part of the Orphan Barrel Project where nearly forgotten whiskeys are resurrected from the depths of distilleries. There’s no doubt he will geek out over this fact.
Distinguished Whiskey for Husband/Father:
- Blade & Bow 22-Year-Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey – Price range: $130 –$150
- Blade and Bow 22-Year-Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is a limited release whiskey that pays homage to the artful passion and renowned craftsmanship of the legendary Stitzel-Weller Distillery and winner of the coveted double gold medal from the San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Now that’s some good whiskey.
- Crown Royal XR LaSalle – Price range: $130 –$150
- The second addition to the Crown Royal Extra Rare Whisky Series is an exquisite blend crafted to include a small reserve of the final batch of whiskies that were saved from the renowned LaSalle Distillery. A special blend to elevate any romantic evening!
Fashionable Whiskey to Impress the Special Lady in Your Life:
- STUDEBAKER – Price range: $25 –$35
- STUDEBAKER is a premium, full-proof, crafted whisky cocktail featuring Prohibition inspired classics including STUDEBAKER Old Fashioned and STUDEBAKER Manhattan.