Did you know that in addition to being the month of love, February is National Hot Breakfast Month? What better reason to celebrate than with a special recipe for a delicious breakfast to serve up any time of the day, even for “brinner” (breakfast dinner!) Thanks to our partnership with the savvy folks at Krusteaz who are experts in whipping up a wonderful breakfast, we have a tasty Skillet Apple Pancake Puff recipe to share along with other breakfast ideas and a fun giveaway, too!
In a recent survey, Krusteaz learned that 9 out of 10 Americans say they eat breakfast for dinner and more than half enjoy a breakfast night dinners once per month or more. Breakfast night is a fun change-up from the normal routine and with so many scrumptious options from blueberry pancakes to Belgian waffles, Krusteaz has a wonderful mix to help you get “brinner” on the table in no time! If you are looking for a way to make your breakfast dinner even more special, try one or more of our ideas below.
9 Ways to Make Your Brinner Special
- Crumble bacon and add it to your pancake or waffle mix to create an all-in-one breakfast
- Slice a muffin in half and then put a slice of sausage in the center to create a new spin on a breakfast sandwich
- Make mini-pancakes, then sandwich a layer of strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream between two of them to create a strawberry shortcake sandwich
- Top your waffles with non-traditional ingredients like hamburger and bacon, then melt a little cheese over the top
- In a bowl, layer blueberry pancakes, Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries or raspberries to create a breakfast parfait
- Use your pancake like a burritos and roll up eggs and bacon inside
- Grab a squeeze bottle and make some pancake art
- Add sweet or savory extras to your muffin mix like bacon bits, corn, chocolate chips or dried cranberries and sunflower seeds
- Make a Skillet Apple Pancake Puff (recipe below) and serve it with a side of syrup, caramel sauce, whipped cream – or all three!
Skillet Apple Pancake Puff
1 1/2 cups Krusteaz Light & Fluffy Buttermilk Complete Pancake Mix
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 can (approximately 1 cup) of sliced apples, drained
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Optional: 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Pre-grease a 10 or 12-inch cast iron skillet.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs and whipping cream together until fully combined.
Add pancake mix, stir until fully incorporated.
Gently fold apples into the mix.
Pour apple pancake mix into the skillet. Sprinkle brown sugar (and optional cinnamon, if desired) on top of pancake.
Bake pancake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for additional 10 minutes or until top of pancake puff is a light golden brown.
Remove from oven. Slice, serve and enjoy!
One (1) Rural Mom Reader will win a Krusteaz Breakfast Night Prize Pack that includes:
- Two boxes of each of the following mixes: Buttermilk Pancake, Belgian Waffle, Wild Blueberry Muffin and Blueberry Pancake
- Some fun kitchen items like a pancake spatula, a pancake griddle pan, a squeeze bottle for pancake art and an apron
ENTER via the Rafflecopter below:
What is your favorite pancake style? Do you have a special recipe to share?