Candy canes, hot cocoa, Christmas tree decorating, stockings hung on the mantle – I absolutely love all the sights, sounds, and tastes of Christmas including on of my favorite traditions: watching Hallmark Channel movies!
Thanks to my partnership with Hallmark Channel, I’m part of the “Christmas She Wrote” celebration crew. This Sunday (Dec. 6th), the Hallmark Channel original premiere of “Christmas She Wrote” will air at 8pm ET/ 7pm CT! We’ll be live tweeting during the show and fans also have the opportunity to win some lovely prizes this season, too… read on for more details.
The Christmas We Wrote
This holiday season has been a bit difficult for all as traditional holiday gatherings are not ideal. This will be the first time in a long time that I won’t be going home for the holidays, nor having a large family gathering as we typically do.
It’s hard on all of us being apart from our loved ones and I will dearly miss this treasured time. Of course, we all want to ensure everyone is happy and healthy this year and that takes top priority.
To help keep us closer during this time, we are approaching the holidays with the notion of finding ways to stay connected. This will be the Christmas we wrote in a special new way! Here’s some of the ideas we’re using. Hope they will inspire your family, too, to find new ways to connect this season:
- Handwritten Christmas notes – each year we send a card with a little notes to friends and family, but this year I’m making it a bit longer to more about our lives and to include a cherished memory or two, as well.
- Sharing recipes – a group of friends and I are all sharing one of our favorite holiday recipes as a way of sharing our traditions with each other.
- Photos – this is the year of photo gifting for me! Maybe my children can’t snuggle with their grandmother this year, but she can snuggle up with a blanket containing photo memories of them. Finding new ways to share photos with our family and friends is a real treat for everyone this year.
- Snack packages – Food is another of my go-to holiday gifting ideas. I’m putting together hot cocoa baskets and other fun holiday treats to send to relatives and friends this holiday season. Everyone loves to get a special treat in the mail and it’s a fun way to share your favorites. Hallmark Channel fans will love to receive the Republic of Tea Countdown to Christmas themed tea tin! You can find this product at local retailers and for purchase on Amazon, as well, making it super easy to ship directly to your fell Hallmarkie!
- Video conference movie time – We’ve used video conferencing throughout the year to stay in touch with distant relatives and friends, now I’m using it to watch holiday movies with them, too! It’s totally a fun new way to share the experience! My granddaughter and I have shared several movies already and now I can use the same services to enjoy Hallmark Channel movie time with friends!
Of course, social media movie time is another great way to share your Hallmark Channel movie time experience with friends, too. I love making new friends along the way, too – be sure to join us on Twitter (@ruralmoms and @HallmarkChannel) and use hashtags #CountdownToChristmas and #ChristmasSheWrote this Sunday during “Christmas She Wrote”. Would love to connect!
Christmas She Wrote
Starring Danica McKellar and Dylan Neal, “Christmas She Wrote” premieres Sunday December 6th on Hallmark Channel.
This heart-warming film begins when writer Kayleigh has her column cancelled before Christmas and heads home to reconnect with family. Sparks fly when she gets an unexpected visit from the man who cancelled her column.
“Christmas She Wrote” is one of 23 new original movies premiering throughout #CountdowntoChristmas on Hallmark Channel.
Hallmark Channel’s Very Merry Sweepstakes
The season is even brighter this year with a very special sweepstakes opportunity – Hallmark Channel’s Very Merry Giveaway Sweepstakes (https://verymerrygiveaway.hallmarkchannel.com)! You can enter daily for the chance to win some amazing prizes!
Hallmark Channel Holiday Gifts
While you’re shopping for the perfect gift to give your loved ones this year, be sure to check out all the Hallmark Channel goodies available.
Oodles of fun products are just begging to be found under the tree this year including an all new Monopoly game: Hallmark Channel Holiday Edition, The Republic of Tea Countdown to Christmas themed tea tins, new holiday titles from Hallmark Publishing, Bissinger’s Countdown to Christmas chocolate calendar, and Hallmark Flowers!
You’ll want to pick up one for every Hallmark Channel fan on your list – including you!