Looking for Halloween Ideas? You are not alone! As October comes into view, parents and children everywhere are seeking fun ways to safely celebrate Halloween 2020.
Halloween is going to look a little different this year as the country balances its love for the Halloween season with COVID-19 guidelines recommended by health authorities. Some people may go trick-or-treating while taking proper safety precautions and maintaining social distancing. Others may delight in the spooky season from the comfort of their homes.
However you celebrate, Halloween is happening! To help you plan,the National Confectioners Association, which represents some of the country’s favorite chocolate and candy companies, has five tips for celebrating the Halloween season in fun, safe and creative ways.
Safely Celebrate Halloween
• Throw a virtual costume party. Grab some friends, put on your favorite costume and hop on a video call for a night of Halloween fun.
• Think about the entire season. While October 31st is usually the big night for Halloween celebrations, the weeks leading up to it can be used to get into the Halloween spirit.
• Go trick-or-treating door to door in your house or backyard. Create a trick-or-treat route inside your home or in the backyard as a socially-distanced alternative.
• Curl up with your favorite scary movie. Grab a bowl of popcorn and a few assorted treats and gather the family for a screening of some classic Halloween films.
• Treat yourself. Everyone loves candy, so why not treat yourself by enjoying some of your favorites to celebrate the important Halloween tradition of chocolate and candy without the trick-or-treating?
Need More Tips?
The National Confectioners Association has more tips like these on Halloween Central to help families celebrate the Halloween season creatively and safely this year. It also has extra information on how candy companies are helping consumers make informed decisions by providing more options in smaller pack sizes and clear calorie labels on the front of the pack. Halloween Central will continue to grow as Halloween draws closer, so check back often for more updates, tips and tricks.
Show the folks at the National Confectioners Association how you’re celebrating Halloween 2020 in fun and creative ways by following them on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and using the hashtags #HalloweenIsHappening, #HalloweenTreats, and #NCATips.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!
This sponsored post is brought to you by the National Confectioners Association and coordinated by Wendy’s Bloggers.