If your teen hasn’t asked to visit Kings Island yet, it’s probably because they don’t know about it! Basically, it’s the Midwest’s largest amusement and waterpark, and a must-do for teenagers. From thrill rides like the Banshee with 4,124 feet of track to the live entertainment, there’s something to offer every kid.
In addition to the rides, King’s Island also houses the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur park, Dinosaurs Alive, featuring Tyrannosaurus Rex and 65 other dinosaurs. Also included in theme park admission is Soak City, a family water park with more than 50 activities including a 650,000 gallon wave pool and 36 water slides.
What many people don’t realize, however, is that there is a lot more to Warren County, Ohio than King’s Island. For example, The Beach Waterpark has something to offer for everyone, whether you’re an Adrenaline junkie and want to try the Banzai at speeds of 65 mph or keep things slow and steady on the Kokomo Lazy River.
- Ozone Zipline Adventures is another fun attraction for the family. The Midwest’s largest zip line canopy tour has several tour options, including river crossing lines. Ozone is open 7 days a week year round, so no matter the season, there’s an adventure to be had!
- Laser Kraze will be the favorite of your teen for sure! It’s a world class laser tag arena with a trampoline park and an arcade. The snack bar also makes fresh pizzas. As far as fun for teenagers, it doesn’t get much better than this.
- Loveland Canoe and Kayak allows you to raft, canoe, and kayak with your friends and family on the Little Miami River. There are also special discounted and themed events on Thursdays throughout the summer, so be sure to plan your trip accordingly!
- Morgan’s Outdoor Adventureshas been hosting guided canoe, kayak, and raft tours for more than 50 years. There are a variety of educational guided tours and trips available to suit adventurers of all ages.
- The Web Extreme Entertainment houses Cincinnati’s largest laser tag arena, the only escape room in the city with a zombie, a miniature golf course with black lights, Cincy’s only indoor electric Go Kart track, and a mini bowling alley. (Whew!) Warning: With all of this fun and excitement, the kids may not want to leave!
- Ride The Ducks Newport gives tourists the option to tour the Cincinnati/Newport waterfront and Ohio river in style! The amphibious vehicles are able to go on both land and through the river and they’re a hit with the entire family! Take a tour and learn a little about the city – but wear something you won’t mind getting a little wet!
There are also tons of other attractions that make Warren County a great family travel destination perfectly touted as “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” There are plenty of options for accommodations and dining to suit everyone in your family too. Give it a try. You won’t be disappointed!