There’s so much to clean in a bathroom that spring cleaning might seem like a big job. It’s true that there is a lot to clean for such a small space. However, with a few tips and a handy checklist you can spring clean your bathroom in just a few minutes.
* Dust the knickknacks, art and ceiling corners
* Dust/vacuum heating and exhaust vents
* Remove shower curtains, towels, bath mats, and draperies. Launder according to directions.
* Scrub the shower, tub, toilet, and sinks. Don’t forget to wash the outside of the toilet.
* Clean the shower door if you have one.
* Clean the mirrors and windows.
* Empty the medicine cabinets and under sink cabinets. Wipe down the inside. Organize items. Throw away anything that is expired.
* Sweep and mop the bathroom floor. Vacuum if it is carpeted
* Clean the trash can inside and out.
* Wash the walls.
Bathroom Spring Cleaning Tips:
These expert tips will help you clean your bathroom quickly and easily. Heck, it might even be fun!
#1 Use green cleaners. Because bathrooms are enclosed spaces you’re more vulnerable to the fumes from traditional cleaners. Using green cleaners, and turning on the ventilation fan, will help reduce irritation. It’s also better for the environment.
#2 Make it fun by playing music. It helps pass the time and the acoustics in your bathroom will make you sound great if you choose to sing along!
#3 Group similar tasks. For example, if you have the mirror cleaner out clean the glass shower door and windows at the same time. If you’re cleaning the sink then clean the tub too. They use the same cleanser and cleaning tools.
#4 Gather your equipment and supplies before you start cleaning. This way you won’t have to take a break to hunt for equipment.
#5 Use a toothbrush to clean the grout in your shower and around your bathroom sink and faucet.
#6 Save cleaning out the cabinets for last. This is a bit more time consuming. Or you can manage this task after you’ve sprayed your bathtub/shower cleanser on. Letting the cleanser sit for a few minutes often make the soap residue easier to scrub off.
#7 Work toward the toilet. If you’re going to be using the same cloth to clean your shower, sink and toilet, save the toilet for last. This way you won’t cross contaminate.
Spring cleaning your bathroom doesn’t have to be tedious. A few smart tips and a handy checklist make sure you don’t miss a thing.
Once you’re done, consider rewarding yourself with a long hot shower or bath in your newly cleaned room.