We're all familiar with the terms "Black Friday" and "Cyber Monday," but how about "Giving Tuesday?" Haven't heard of it? Well, neither did I until recently, but I'm super glad I did, because I think it's a lovely day worth cheering about!
Giving Tuesday is a new movement to celebrate giving and encourage more, better and smarter giving during the holiday season. This national celebration, bringing together charities, families, businesses, community centers, students retailers and more aims to create an on-going tradition of helping make the season a giving one!
You can help make Giving Tuesday a success and make this year the biggest giving season yet. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Share ideas on how to give back on Twitter- follow @GivingTues and use hashtag #GivingTuesday
- Like Giving Tuesday on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/GivingTuesday and chime in with your great ideas and experiences
- Visit http://GivingTuesday.org and find out more about the programs and opportunities available
- Tell everyone you can about what you are doing and why it matters!
- Save the date and invite your friends and family to join you on Tuesday, November 27 for Giving Tuesday
Can you imagine if everyone is able to put as much time and energy into this initiative as we do with holiday shopping? What a brighter holiday season it will be for those who are in need!
I hope you will join me to help make Giving Tuesday a lasting celebration!