Recently I attended a social media conference at Disney and I have to say, I was a bit worried about the effect it might have on my quest for a healthier me. To date, I’ve lost over 30 pounds with Nutrisystem and didn’t want to gain any of it back.
Thanks to tips from my awesome NSNation leader, Meredith, I didn’t have to needlessly worry. I was able to stay on track and not sabatoge my efforts. More on that in a moment…
I have to interrupt to tell you my most memorable moment of traveling was to meet three other women who are currently using Nutrisystem to create healthier lifestyles: @kellysluckyyou @miltraveldisney and @sippycupmom Words can’t express adequately how wonderful these women are or how much it meant to me to meet kindred spirits along my journey, but I think the picture of us sums up a lot- we’re certainly happy to be in this together!
- Bring your collateral with you – i.e. meal planner and on the go meal planner for your purse dining out guide etc.
- Sit down prior to vacation to choose restaurants to eat out at that have a variety of foods to choose from and that give you healthy options. Just be honest with your travel buddies that even though you are excited about the trip and can’t wait, you still want to stay on track with the program.
- Be sure to review the dining out guide and what’s a good meal choice
- When dining out, remember that it’s okay to order the food cooked the way you want (i.e. salads with certain things not on the salad or on the side, steamed veggies( no oil) etc., grilled not fried etc). It’s okay to even let them know you have food restrictions and they will be sure to accommodate you J
- Bring Nutrisystem with you — the pantry ready muffins, bars, snacks/desserts etc. Even though you won’t be 100% on Nutrisystem, if you bring the items that can be packed, it will help you stay on track and not be as anxious J
- When eating out, if the portion size is too big (protein sizes should be no more than 6 – 8 oz – about the size of your palm) immediately ask for a to- go-box and put half in the box before eating. That way you don’t overeat and have leftovers too J
- Share items with your travel buddies …like dessert. I always do this with my husband J That way you get a little taste without overindulging.
- Try to always go for salads as an appetizer and to get all your nutrients in and to help you feeling full longer. J
- When I go away, I try to be active – do activities where you walk around and keep busy
- Drink water with all your meals – with a nice slice of lemon or lime
If you are interested in learning more about all the terrific benefits of Nutrisystem, visit Nutrisystem.com/nsblog or call (888) 853-4689 to chat with a live specialist.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Nutrisystem Blogger program and receive food and materials from Nutrisystem. All thoughts and opinions are my own.